Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Days 3 & 4

Day 3 – Woke up with a cold L Hoping it will go away after the vitamin-packed drink I just made. We'll see. I'm due for a bad cold though, so I have a funny feeling this one is gonna stick around for a few days.

I went for a quick run today, up the dirt road across the street. It doesn't go very far though, and ends at a stream. I found some pretty plants back there though, and it was prettier than running on the street! Layed out on the beach for awhile after I got back, played with the dogs, and swam in the ocean before I finally took a nice afternoon nap. I'm feeling a bit better after my nap, and think I might be able to kick this cold pretty fast!
Later in the afternoon, we went to San Blas, so Dad could go to the ATM & get his picture taken for some license or something. Michelle and I went into the Social Club while we waited for him, and I ate a pretty good burrito from the place next door. They had the veal scallopini from the social club, which I tried a bite of, but I didn't really like it. I'm not a veal person. After we got back to Los Cocos, we stopped by Casa Manana to see if Phil had come back from the airport with Suzanne yet, so we could say hi. We suffered through a couple of the margaritas while we were there, and returned home pretty early.

Day 4 – Woke up in the middle of the night with my mosquito net on top of me. I guess it fell down in the middle of the night, or Spike pulled it down when he jumped off of the bed. So, at about 2am, I had to get up and find some string so I could hang it back up. I can't sleep knowing that bugs could be crawling in my bed, so I had to fix it before I could fall asleep! Finally woke up at about 9 this morning, still feeling sick. But, I drank a bottle of water and went running anyway. Ran 3 miles today – 1.5 miles to the Aticama bridge and back. After I got back, I took a quick dip in the ocean, chatted with Tino on the beach, then laid out in the sun for a little while. Later in the afternoon, we drove over to Santa Cruz, where we found Nieve last year, and where we got the truck stuck on the beach. Dad and I walked on the beach with the dogs while Michelle socialized with the people who do "Tropical Tuesdays." We walked all the way down the beach, and visited with El Llano Dave at his "treehouse." We did some shopping in Santa Cruz, then came home and made dinner. Bill and Paul brought pork chops & potatoes over, and we made salad, bread, and vegetables.

No comments: