Thursday, November 18, 2010

School's Out Forever!!! Oh yeah, and My Internship's Over...

Last day of law school was yesterday!!!!!!  I only have one final exam in two weeks, and then I start studying for the bar exam.  Soooo exciting!!

Unfortunately, now that the semester is over, my internship at the DA's office is over too.  I worked there for 2 1/2 months, and loved every minute of it.  I had the opportunity to prepare over 30 preliminary hearings (kind of like mini-trials, but not quite at that stage of the process), and I actually conducted 12 of them.  I had to read the case files, do some research, decide which witnesses to use, and then question the witnesses on the stand.  I learned a tremendous amount, and now I'm even more sure of my desire to be a prosecutor.  It was a great experience, and I'm so glad I did it.  I just hope that they start hiring again after I pass the bar exam!  I'll be crossing my fingers...

No comments: