Friday, June 11, 2010

Adventures in Washington

So the weather forecast actually called for some sun today! It's June after all, why shouldn't there be sun?! Oh yeah, because sun in Washington is like rain in So Cal... Well anyway, we decided that we would take a little motorcycle ride up to Bainbridge Island if the weather was nice today and do some sight-seeing. So off we went, and of course it was cold and cloudy!! :( But it was ok, because we found some wineries and had a great lunch on the water! I prefer riding my own bike, rather than being a passenger, but I still had fun. It was nice having Mike block the wind from me too!

My favorite winery today was Bainbridge Island Vineyard. They grow their own grapes right there, and I really liked all of the wines we tried. We even managed to fit 2 bottles on the back of the bike, in my purse, so we decided to buy our 2 favorites! A Gewurztraminer and a Raspberry dessert wine.

The ride home was beautiful and sunny, and I got some great pics, which I'll upload later!

No comments: