Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vegas baby, Vegas!

The first weekend in April we headed to Sin City!  It was Mike's first time there, so it was very exciting!  His friend's girlfriend got us a great deal at Planet Hollywood, so we were right on the strip, with a great view.  We had to stop in Baker (of course!) so I could let Mike see the giant thermometer, but to my great dismay, it's no longer working!

The thermometer with no temperature

Our first night out
Walking down the strip, pausing for a pic with the Eiffel tower!
I found a dolphin in Las Vegas, what are the odds?!
Later that evening, we found Margaritaville - Mike loves them!  We had to get the souvenir glasses too, of course!

My boyfriend was in Vegas!!
The next day we headed out to Hoover Dam, which I haven't seen since I went there with my Dad when I was 15!  There's a cool new visitor's center, parking garage, gift shop, snack bar, and they're building a bypass bridge to reduce traffic crossing the dam.

The big hole!!

USGS marker

Good pic of the new bypass bridge in the background
Later that night, we walked down the strip again, and Mike surprised me with tickets to the Mystere' Cirque du Soleil show at Treasure Island!  I tried to take pictures, but the jerks confiscated my camera, claiming something about copyright, blah, blah, blah.  After the show I did get my camera back, but they made me erase all the pics from the show :(  Lame.  We decided to stick around long enough to catch the Sirens & Pirates show, which was cheesy as always, and not quite as exciting as I remember from when I was 15!  It was funny though, and we enjoyed a huge blended margarita from the margarita stand in a skull mug!

On the way back to our hotel, we tried to catch the water show at the Bellagio, but it was canceled, due to the wind! It was super windy the whole weekend, it was crazy.  Still a great day though!

The only picture I have of Mystere' - our tickets!



Sunset walking down the strip
Waiting for the water show at the Bellagio

No comments: