Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Post-Vacation Depression

Well, it seems that I'm going through a bit of post-vacation depression. All I can think about is the warm water, beautiful sunsets, and killer margaritas. I keep reading my own vacation blog, trying to re-live the memories! Terrible. So, to help me get out of this funk, I decided to make a list of all the things I'm grateful for, now that I'm NOT on vacation. So here goes!

-No gigantic hairy spiders in my bedroom
-No horribly itchy bites from mosquitos and sand flies
-Riding my bike
-My fuzzy slippers
-My queen-size pillowtop mattress WITHOUT a mosquito net!
-Curtains that block out the sun in my bedroom
-Air conditioning in the car
-Being able to flush my toilet paper
-Hot shower with great water pressure and adjustable temperature
-Papa John's pizza!
-Real Diet Coke
-Drinking tap water that won't make you wish you had died
-The "I've been drinking too much" swelling has gone down in my face and ankles!
-Going outside and not having frizzy hair
-Sushi restaurants
-Americanized re-fried beans and tortilla chips
-My couch
-Spike, my awesome chihuahua
-My cute kitties that curl up on my lap and keep me warm
-Jeopardy & Wheel of Fortune
-Being able to pick up the phone and call my best friend
-My own washing machine and dryer
-Jasmine-scented candles
-Stargazer lilies in my front window
-Lactose-free, fat-free milk!

That's all for now... should be enough to keep me going for a few days!!

No comments: